- 77 million people were born between 1946 and 1964 (US Census). This is the Baby
- The first Baby Boomer turned 65 on January 1st, 2011.
- The “Senior” population group is now, for the first time, the biggest in terms of size and
percentage within the US population. According the the US 2010 Census, this group’s
growth rate was higher than the total population’s growth rate.
- Between 2000 and 2010 the population group of 65 + years grew in larger percentage
(15.1%) than the total of the US population (9.7%).
- In 2015, people who are 50 and older WILL represent 45% of the total of the US
- For 2030, population over 65 will double up to almost 71.5 million people, and for 2050 it
is projected to be 86.7 million, more than double of the 2010 projection of 40.2 million